Monday 30 November 2009

November

I haven't really traded much hence the lace of content this month. I took a break to go to the south east coast of Spain to go check out a place Jack is interested in. It was really nice to get out of the city for a bit and see the beach again and the amazing views looking over the med towards Parma and Ibiza from the balcony of the apartment where breathtaking!



There was other reasons as to why this was a good idea to go other than just a holiday and Jack wanting a driver again, my Internet at my house was been really bad and cost me a few nasty losses from dropping out sometimes coming back on quickly after others not!.. really not an easy one to get out of in Spain when you never top your mobile up!.. Thought it best not to risk anymore money until it got sorted out. Turns out the cable coming into the apartment was totally messed up so they put a new line in after a bit of time.. I am in Spain.. everything takes time!! This was the fourth visit.. previously they just patched up the cable and made it work for a bit! Turns out when they pulled the whole thing out there was over 20 patches..

Obviously good news in the end!..straight off I notice the connection was much more solid but unfortunately I didn't get much chance to work it as I've had to come back to England to do my other freelance job for a few weeks... I will still be trading every chance I get which will be most of Fridays and definitely Saturday. Which in these hard weekday markets isn't all that bad!

What trading i have done

This week just gone I worked only Friday and Saturday and i was happy with the markets and the way I was trading.. a biggish meeting at Newbury and Newcastle Saturday attracting some big money again.. nice!

Had 3 or 4 good races on each day and a lot of average races but more importantly not many losing ones.

Being a bit of a fan of horse racing the anticipation of the return of Denman on Saturday and knowing being back in England I could actually watch it was ace.. I couldn't wait! He definitely didn't let me down either.. what a racehorse he is! I had to stop working after watching the race due to the excitement of the return of Demania!! I was at Cheltenham Gold Cup day when he beat Kauto Star and after that I'm thinking about going back this year to see him try to do it again with a fair chance this year if I can pull myself away from trading such a big day!

I think I worked less that 10days in Spain this month with the road trip to the coast and the Internet playing up. This caused me to take a few losses as i said earlier. It was down from the beginning of the month until the 13th..
I took the week to try to get back to where I was before the Internet went down.. First day back was really good but midweek I had a few bad days because i was being a bit greedy.. not losing day but losing more profits on races than wanted through not spreading across the field sometimes and most times losing all of it.
Anyway kicked that toward the back end of the week and had a good weekend so all in all happy on the week whilst reminding myself that it would of been better if I'd spread those midweek profits!!

Other than that I had a go at the Breeders Cup... Friday I started off just checking it out to see what they where like as I'd never watch them before, after a while I involved because the markets on the big races were very solid, there was loads of money being turned over! I will definitely be working it again next year!!
They were very much big scalping markets with the odd little bounce but never anything that you where worried about due to the weight of money everywhere! I was always needing more of a bank as its was very much my biggest stake being used therefore not to many order due to liability..

These are p&l for Friday and Saturday of last week, Saturday Breeders Cup day and the first day back after the Internet came back on.


No comments:

Post a Comment